Cultural and spiritual vitality means:
• Shared creativity, artistic expression, cultural activities, rituals and celebrations.
• Sense of community unity and mutual support.
• Respect and support for spirituality manifesting in many ways.
• Shared vision and agreements that express commitments, cultural heritage and the uniqueness of our community.
• Flexibility and successful responsiveness to difficulties that arise.
• Understanding of the interconnectedness and interdependence of all the elements of life on Earth and the community's place in relation to the whole.
• Creation of a peaceful, loving, sustainable world.
Shire of Bend, Oregon. Nice!
A little piece of Middle Earth ... southeast Bend? Not exactly. But The Lord of the Rings did provide at least part of the inspiration – as well as the name for “The Shire,” a radically different small residential development now in the planning stages.
Locate on a bit over six acres on the west side of Benham Road near Tillicum Village; The Shire will include about 30 homes ranging in size from roughly 1,500 to 2,100 square feet.